Monday, August 30, 2010

Fabric flower pin attempt #1

There are so many creative people making fabric flower pins out there. I don't know why I've been intimidated by my glue gun, but I was. So last week I decided to be vulnerable and finally took it out of it's package. I know, it was an amazing feat.

After cutting a strip of aqua jersey and cream polyester and ruffling both of them, I created my first glue-gunned flower.
It's a little on the simple side, but I think it gives this otherwise drab vest a little something.





Let's just say there are more complex flowers on the horizon, now that my glue gun and I are now friends.

4 comments:

Maren said...

Awesome I'm glad you finally freed the glue gun. Now you'll just have to keep Rod away from it if he is anything like Walt.

Frieda Loves Bread said...

I love it!

Rebekah said...

i need to come and visit and let some of your creative juices rub off on me!!!! well done!!

pete said...

I love your newest creations! I was in walmart the other day and saw some clearace for 97 cents. I have been wanting to do something like you have done...I looked and looked and it just wouldn't come to me. too bad!! I guess I will just have to admire your darling things!! ;)